Terms & Conditions
Hill House Christian Centre Limited (HHCCL) is the owner of Hill House Christian Centre and all referrals to Hill House Christian Centre in these Terms and Conditions also refer to Hill House Christian Centre Limited.
Under the Charities Act Hill House Christian Centre is committed to fulfil its charitable purpose.This is “to further the Christian faith” and it is a requirement that ALL groups coming to Hill House Christian Centre will include some Christian teaching in their programs on site. Most church groups, schools and other social groups will want to arrange such Christian input themselves. In other cases the Trust is always willing and reserves the right to provide Christian content for inclusion in the group’s program.
All Christian groups are welcome and it is assumed that they accept and subscribe to the Basis of Faith published by the Evangelical Alliance, of which the Trust is a member. The Trust does not accept bookings from groups seeking to promote or actively support a faith which is non-Christian, or an ideology, morality or life-style incompatible with our Christian purpose.
Provisional Bookings can be made by telephone or email and held for 14 days.
(We reserve the right not to accept a booking if the management feel that it would be detrimental to the aims of the Centre).
2. CONFIRMATION OF THE BOOKING
Following the receipt of a completed booking form and a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £200 per building (Main House and / or Annexe) is required. Bookings are confirmed when you receive a confirmation from us and a deposit invoice. For Day Groups the deposit is calculated at 20% of the minimum charge for all the instructed activity sessions booked.
BACS details for deposits and final payments; CAF Bank 40-52-40 00019205. Final payments are due within 7 days of departure. We reserve the right to alter tariffs but will endeveour to provide as much notice as possible.
4. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
We regret that in the event of a cancellation for whatever reason the deposit is non-refundable. Any cancellations must be made in writing to Hill House Christian Centre Ltd and is only effective on the date received.
|Cancellation occurs prior to visit
|Percentage of full fee due
Groups and School residential trips will be charged on a sliding scale for the minimum number in accordance with their booking. See table and point 7.
No refunds can be made in respect of outdoor activities booked but not used.
5. LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
Whilst using Hill House Christian Centre premises the group leader visiting the centre accepts full responsibility for the members of their group.
- It is recommended that the group takes out insurance to cover them in the event a cancellation. Schools are often insured via their educational authority, but please check.
- Hill House Christian Centre will not be liable for death of or injury to any person using our premises, irrespective of payment, for any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damage costs or expenses or other liability except where such death, injury or loss is due to the negligence of Hill House Christian Centre.
- Hill House Christian Centre will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods articles or property of any kind brought into or left at the premises.
- The Hirer must accept responsibility for any loss of or damage to Hill House property (or that belonging to any individual) other than fair wear and tear, and for bodily injury, fatal or otherwise to any persons due to the negligent act or omission of the Hirer. Hill House requires the Hirer to indemnify the group in respect of each and every such claim and all actions, proceedings, costs, claims and demands in respect thereof.
6. TERMINATION OF BOOKING
Hill House Christian Centre reserves the right to terminate a booking without reason. In the event of cancellation by us, any deposits paid will be returned without costs, interest or damages. The contract shall be deemed cancelled and there shall be no further claim arising.
7. MINIMUM NUMBER CHARGES
Groups will be charged a minimum number for each building and for the entirety of the booking. It is only charged if your group brings less than the numbers detailed below. The minimum charges will be at the Adult tariff and are as follows:-
- Main House Only – 35 fee paying guests
- Annexe Only – 18 fee paying guests
- or Whole Site – 44 Main House fee paying guests plus 18 Annexe fee paying guests = 62 in total
Please note that minimum numbers are only made up fee paying guests and do not include infants.
Day Visitors are not included as part of the minimum number charge. If your group decides to allow Day Visitors, they will be charged in addition to the booking made with Hill House.
Please note that our pricing structure has changed in 2024 to a charge per night rate.
Child rates apply to children accompanied by their parents / guardians. Youth groups are charged at the adult rate. Infants (0-3 year olds) are still free of charge.
By submitting this BOOKING FORM, you have agreed to these minimum numbers and the subsequent charges.
School Residentials will be charged a minimum number based on the numbers they have already advised to us.
Day visitors are welcome to join a residential group and will be charged at the current day visitor rate on the final invoice.
9. GROUP LEADERS HANDBOOK
Group leaders agree to abide the general conditions and health and safety advice set out in the group leaders handbook.
A copy is available on the Hill House website here.
“Providing a place for everyone to encounter Jesus”